Seven Ways to use LTEM by Matt Richter
For those of you who don’t know Matt Richter, President of the Thiagi Group, he’s one of the most innovative thinkers when it comes to creating training that both sizzles and supports work performance. Recently, Matt and I began partnering in a new podcast, Truth In Learning, which I’ll have more to say about later once I figure out where the escape hatch is.
NOW, I want to share with you a brilliant new article, that Matt surprised me with, on his efforts to brainstorm innovative ways to use LTEM (The Learning-Transfer Evaluation Model).
You should read his article, but just to give you the list of seven uses for LTEM:
- Learning Evaluation—The primary intent of the LTEM framework.
- Instructional Design—To negotiate with stakeholders the outcomes desired.
- Training Game Design—To ensure games/activities have an instructional purpose.
- Coaching—Helping to build a development plan for those who are coached.
- Performance Consulting—To focus on performances that matter along the journey.
- Keynoting/Presenting—To ensure a focus on meaningful outcomes, not just infotainment.
- Sales/Business Development—To keep sales conversations focused on meaningful outcomes.
We are All in this Together
One of the great benefits of publishing LTEM is that since its publication last year I’m regularly being contacted by people whose organizations are finding new and innovative ways to utilize LTEM—and not just for learning evaluation but as a central element of their learning strategy and practice.
I’m especially pleased with those who have taken LTEM really deep, and I’d like to give a shout out to Elham Arabi who is doing her doctoral dissertation using LTEM as a spur to supporting a hospital’s effort to maximize the benefits or their learning interventions. Congrats to her for being accepted as a speaker at the upcoming eLearning Guild Learning Solutions Conference, March 31 to April 2 (2020) in Orlando. The title of her talk is: Using Evaluation Data to Enhance Your Training Programs.
Share Your Examples and Innovations
Please share your innovations and ideas about using LTEM in your workplace, on social media, or by contacting me at https://www.worklearning.com/contact/. I would really love to hear how it’s going, including any obstacles you’ve faced, your success stories, etc.
And, of course, if you’d like me to help your organization utilize LTEM, or just be the face of LTEM to your organization, please contact me so we can set up a time to talk, and consider my LTEM workshop to introduce LTEM to your team.
You must be logged in to post a comment.