This page is offered to help you search for more information about audience response technology.
Unfortunately, the field has not yet moved toward a single label for the technology.
Terms to search on:
- audience response systems
- student response systems
- classroom response systems
- clickers (most hits on Google, but unfortunately associated with animal training)
Best Websites for Unbiased Information
- Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching — Research
- Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching — General
- Derek Bruff’s Blog
- Clickers in the Classroom: Using Classroom Response Systems to Increase Student Learning (New Pedagogies and Practices for Teaching in Higher Education)
- Increasing Student Engagement and Retention using Classroom Technologies: Classroom Response Systems and Mediated Discourse Technologies (Cutting-Edge Technologies in Higher Education)
- Teaching with Classroom Response Systems: Creating Active Learning Environments
- Audience Response Systems in Higher Education: Applications and Cases
Note: Some offer clickers; Some offer technology where clickers aren’t needed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In addition to these websites there are dozens of cell-phone apps that you can find for use on iPhone or Android phones.
In no particular order: