https://www.worklearning.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/wlr-logo-color-FLATline-300x67.png 0 0 Will Thalheimer https://www.worklearning.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/wlr-logo-color-FLATline-300x67.png Will Thalheimer2008-12-04 09:09:272008-12-04 09:09:27College Tuition Not Affordable in Future?
College Tuition Not Affordable in Future?
The New York Times published an article today saying that college tuition may be out of reach for most Americans. This, of course, is stunning news. If true, it will rip a gaping hole in the very fabric of our society. It will also, make the job of work-learning professionals that much harder.
- More remedial training.
- More training that teaches meta-cognitive thinking skills.
- Dealing more with splinter groups and labor unrest, as we further divide into the haves and have-nots.
- Dealing more with globalization as professional and managerial jobs are shipped off-shore.
- Dealing more with workers with different language and cultural backgrounds as professionals are imported to relieve shortages.
- Making due with fewer and fewer highly-educated workers, as fewer are college educated and more become expatriates escaping the toxicity of a more-divided, more-rancorous, more-economically volatile environment.
On the other hand, perhaps there will be a need for learning professionals who can be really creative in dealing with these issues. Perhaps China is educating them now…