Job Notice – Senior Web Developer
This new position will involve both development and overall strategy in building a new SAAS platform in the workplace learning field. Using lean-startup practices, and working with a learning expert, the position will work with one other developer in building a working prototype, testing successive improvements, and maintaining and innovating the product over time.
This position is ideal for someone who:
- Wants to build something from scratch in a start-up environment.
- Has both frontend and backend skills (particularly data architecture skills).
- Wants to learn the business side of starting a tech business by experiencing it.
- Wants to be on the ground floor in building a great, diverse, innovative, and work-life-balanced workplace.
- Wants to build a tool that will help learning professionals build more effective learning interventions.
- Who excels in working, communicating, and engaging with others.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Selecting tools, languages, frameworks, databases
- Building a minimally-viable product
- Using split-half and cohort testing to improve product
- Working with learning expert and his wireframed use cases
- Working with customers
- Recommending resources (for example, graphic design, UX design help, development tools, etc.)
- Working with ownership to inform business strategy on this product
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with a wide variety of frontend and backend web-development tools.
- Experience building web-based SAAS platforms (extremely helpful, but not necessary).
- Experience working strategically, approaching the work from a business perspective.
- Experience working with customers or demonstrated ability to do so.
- Ability to develop in a small team of two people (at least at first), with outside expertise utilized at critical points.
- Ability to work virtually (at least at first). We’ll get office once product has market success.
- Looking for a job that means more than just having a job.
Benefits and Salary
- Benefits and salary to be negotiated.
- You will be our second hire, so we don’t yet have plans in place, but we will get you what you need.
Learn More about Work-Learning Research, Inc., and Will Thalheimer, President.