The Work-Learning Academy
ISPI Members Page
Special Discount Available!
When you enroll in the workshop with the special ISPI discount code:
You get 10% off of the price (a savings of $42.50)!
And a greater amount goes directly to ISPI!!
Enrollment Now Open
on Performance-Focused Smile Sheets
Register Now, Get Started Anytime!
Use This Code to get Your Discount and Support ISPI
Copy and paste this code to use it when you register for the workshop.
What’s in the Workshop?
The workshop is an online self-paced learning experience designed and created by Will Thalheimer, the author of the award-winning book.
- Learning Time: Between five and ten hours.
- Included for Free: One eBook version of the book.
- Learning Modalities: Short videos, reflection questions, scenario-based questions, selected readings, challenging assessments, and more.
- LTEM Assessment Level: Tier-5, Realistic decision-making scenarios.
- Requirements for Credential: Successful performance on two LTEM Tier-5 assessments, plus thoughtful participation throughout the experience.
- Workshop Start and End Dates: You can begin the workshop at anytime and take as long as you want to finish it (until we unplug the lights).
- Group Discounts: Contact Will Thalheimer (by clicking here) to ask about group discounts or to schedule your team for a private or tailored workshop.
Your Investment: The introductory price of the workshop is $425 per person.
Those successfully completing the workshop will almost certainly exhibit these behavioral tendencies:
- A healthy skepticism about traditional learner surveys.
- A heightened ability to diagnose the many problems of traditional learner-survey questions.
- A clear sense of the research on traditional learner surveys.
- A clear point of view on the limitations of Likert-like and numeric scales.
- A fundamental appreciation on how well learners are able to diagnose their own learning.
- A realistic sensitivity about what learner surveys can do—and what they can’t do.
- An increased ability to avoid falling for improper vendor arguments for poorly-designed learner surveys.
- A strong belief that learner surveys should NOT be our only source of feedback.
- A profound sensitivity to how the wording of answer choices affects responding.
- A clear sense of the process required to build a new learner survey.
- A strong motivation to champion improved evaluation practices within his/her organization.
- An unwavering goal of using learner survey questions to focus on learning effectiveness, not just learner satisfaction and course reputation.
- An ability to begin the process of writing improved learner-survey questions.
- A tested competence in making beneficial decisions about learner-survey design, deployment, and improvement.
Clarity on Expectations: The workshop will lay the foundation for writing improved learner-survey questions but will not, by itself, make participants expert question writers. Guided and iterative practice with extensive coaching is required for true expertise. Those who are successful in this workshop, will almost certainly be able to write significantly better questions than are found on traditional smile sheets, but they will not yet be experts. Participants who are successful can graduate to the next level of certification, the Master Certification—where guided, iterative practice, and one-on-one coaching are provided.
From the Man Who Wrote the Book
Crafted 100% by Will Thalheimer, this course was created by the man who literally wrote the book on learner surveys (aka smile sheets, reaction forms, happy sheets).
The award-winning book, Performance-Focused Smile Sheets: A Radical Rethinking of a Dangerous Art Form, changed everything about how learner surveys are designed in the learning field. By taking this course, not only do you get in-depth insights and deep reflection, you get a free ebook version of the book.
Rigorous Online Learning Experience
This learning experience is not just a series of online presentations; but rather, is a deeply designed experience tailored specifically to help you gain proven insights. The learning design is intended give you in-depth knowledge, practice to enable comprehension and long-term remembering, and research-based motivation to propel application. The online asynchronous workshop is credentialed at an LTEM Tier-5 designation, ensuring that successful participants have competence in making realistic decisions related to the topic.
Work-Learning Research Credential
For over 20 years, Work-Learning Research has been a world-wide leader in compiling research-based wisdom from scientific journals and translating that research into practical recommendations for learning professionals. After two decades of doing research-based consulting, we are offering a credential that we can validate as having meaning—signifying that those earning the certification have participated in a challenging learning experience and have demonstrated competence in two rigorous assessments.